Project Update One

    My project emulates the comfort that I feel from nature, aiming to capture moments of reminiscent and memories from the past. This project was inspired from a book discussing simulations. My interpretation for the goal of the book is exploring the authenticity of our experiences in a very simulated world. I believe the author is questioning the notion of whether we can truly discern what is real when there is a very discernible fact that simulations is almost running our lives.
    When we surround ourselves in nature, away from screens and digital interfaces, we often experience deeper connections with reality. This is the authenticity that I am planning to capture because I have a deep connection to nature and being able to give people the opportunity to understand where my statement is coming from. Unlike altering photographs digitally from photoshop. My approach is to capture the authenticity of the moment, what the moment feels like to me, what I can see, touch, and smell. I seek to capture the genuine experiences as they unfold, whether it's the play of sunlight among the trees, the gentle rustle of leaves in the wind, or the natural behaviors of wildlife.
    Contemplating the contrast between the experiences of nature firsthand and viewing it through the lens of a camera or smartphone, it reveals the impact of technology, and our perception, and our connection to the nature. While digital cameras, or film cameras, or even phone cameras would instantly capture, they also have a barrier between us really pushing that boundary of the authenticity of nature. What I mean by that is there is a disconnect between when we look at something through a phone screen. Like for example if I were to take a picture of a deer or something the phone screen is creating a barrier between the actual experience of seeing the deer.
  One thing that I will stay away from is manipulating reality through my photography, like altering the colors of the photos, or adding filters, or adjusting compositions even, because this also goes against the idea I am trying to portray which is to surrealism without these manipulations, since I want to and I aim to preserve the actual experience I have. Instead, I choose to reflect on how manipulations blur the boundaries between reality and simulation. what I mean by this is, the phone screen only gives you part of what you are experiencing, but not the entire thing. An example of this is I could be in the forest and be surrounded by trees, animals, sounds. the phone screen isn't going to capture all of it, it only capture what I want the person to see. Overall I am trying to steer away from that.
    


These photos are the recent photos that I took

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 8 Inkjet prints and soundscape video describing Native American issues that are getting better

Who I am

Mock up report